Skip to main content

Dear Diary. Life lessons in Geography class.

Dear Diary. 

Geography/life lessons. 

I was pretty well behaved in school. Always did my work. Always finished first always did the extra work. I got really got grades in all subjects except one. Geography. Why? Because the things I learnt in geography we what got my through the last few years of high school. I didn't learn them from the teacher through. I kind of made a friend. Then failed my exam. I didn't care though. Who needs geography skills when every phone has GPS?

Again, for the purpose of being able to follow this story line I've added a few pages together from over a few weeks. Enjoy!


We got moved in geography today. Some sort of seating plan. I'm sat right at the back of the class next to a girl called G. Now yes I've told you about her before. Yes she's a bitch. But i think she's grown up. As you know my hair is BRIGHT ORANGE. Nobody really said anything all day but when we got to geography there were a few people in my class that hadn't seen it. The boys in front of my turned around as soon as Miss had set the work and started asking all the lovely ginger questions.


Did your head catch fire?
Do the drapes match the curtains?
Did you dye your hair ginger to protect your virginity?


The truth is i'm just trying to go blonde... and after sitting there ignoring them for about 5 minutes G snapped at them. "she's going through the same awkward stage that everyone has to go through to go blonde okay? I've been there, no get a life. The boys made an awkward Ooo sound and turned around. I thanked her and she said they were just benders and went back to texting under the table. I asked her if she was worried she'd get caught and she said that she could type without looking. If the teacher asks if she's on her phone she puts it in her bra because obviously they cant look there. She told me to get mine out that I could have her number. Then she blue toothed me the new pixie lott song. I don't know why she's being so nice recently. It's weird. Anyway we spent so much time on out phones when miss came round we didn't have any answers. G made one up when miss asked me my answer to one question and said we'd worked together. But when miss marks my books she's going to see i didn't really do any work. I'm glad G answered though because everyone was staring at me and the quesiton was about the way a river is formed and we hadn't even looked in the text book. WHile i was trying to think of an answer G looked quickly in the book and answreed for me.


We had geography again today. G saw that i had all my files in a Next back and told me that's where she buys her thongs. I didn't know what to say. I've never warn one i told her. She said that at some point in every girls life they start wearing thongs. that if boys saw granny knickers stiking out the top of your trouseres they'd laugh at me. 'take my advice she said, I'm trying to help you' So i did it. Me and mam went to mataland after school and i bought three thongs....

They feel horrible. It's like having a wedgie for the entire day. YIppie. This is my life now.

In geography the other day  I told G i'd taken her advice. I told her my thongs were from next but they're not. I told her that i didn't know what made a shop 'cool' and she said that basically the more expensive the stuff there is the better. Which to me makes no sense. She told me to stop bringing my P.e kit in tesco carrier bags, that i should go into shops like river island and just ask for a bag even if i don't buy anything just to have the bag. I remember her telling me this before but not in a nice way. So anyway TODAY she actually brought me a bag. One of the new River island bags. She didn't even say anything she just put my tesco bag inside her bag and said she had loads of them everywhere. I don't know why she's being so nice to me. We spent the entire lesson just chatting and she was telling me about which of the popular girls are going out with who and how some of them have even had SEX. AT OUT AGE? SEX. She said they have older boyfriends though and that's how they know how to do stuff. BUT we did it again... I didn't do any work until the last five minutes where we rushed about 5 questions. I never do anything in this lesson. But it's nice to just chat to someone popular without being told how weird I am.



I actually just scrapped a D in geography in the end. Reading this back i can sort of tell why. So yeh, life wasn't all bad. Me and G never really spoke outside the classroom, but when we were forces to sit together she actually turned out to be alright. I learnt a lot more than just what's in these pages. G taught me where to shop, where to get my haircut, who to talk to and even things like how to get a boyfriend. This was during our GCSE's. There's no date one any of the pages in my diary but we're about 15 at this point. I guess everyone had grown up a bit. Life was finally looking up. By the time I left school the whole popular thing didn't really seam to matter anymore. The mix up of classes made everyone talk to everyone and the stereotypes broke down a lot. Sure I was still weird, but nobody seamed to care anymore. After school, me and G sort of became friends. We'd meet up in collage. She gave me a few lifts home, and even introduced me to a few of the pretty sports boys. I guess i have a lot to thank that seating plan for. 

Hope you enjoyed.

Jemma with a J. x






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A-z lil' old me.

A-Z, little ol' me. (Nearly) I thought I'd introduce myself a little differently. I'm new to this whole 'public blogging' thing, as my old account was completely anonymous, so I'm doing things a little differently now and diving straight into the deep end.  A. Alex. It seams fitting to open my new Blog with the person I idolise most. Alex is my younger brother. He was born with cerebral palsy and autism, two heart-breaking diagnostics at first. Yet Alex remains, after years of hospital visits, operations, physiotherapy and one-to-ones, the happiest, most delightful human being I've ever come across. It outstands me every time I visit him how much he's progressed since being that tiny little baby in my arms.  B. Bastable. Oh god where to begin. So I kind of have an awesome boyfriend, I'll try and keep this short as I'm sure thousands of future post will undoubtedly be about the brilliant specimen that is Lewis David Bastable. Lewis re

Dear Diary. First day of 'Big school'

Dear Diary. First day of 'Big school' So I found a bunch of my old Diary Entries from school recently and it made me think about all the things I wish that I'd known then. After the success of my last post I thought it would be fun to post a few of the actual pages online. I'm literally going to write them up word for word spelling mistakes and all. Anything in Italics is just Current me looking back of Previous Jemma. Also to save face of others I've kept all first names to initials. ENJOY. Today was wicked . Bryn is so much bigger than I remember .. It's so big I've got a map! I think I'm going to glue in into my planner so i don't loose it.  So this morning S&S called for me on the way to school and we all walked up together. I think this was my first day of high school but I'm not really sure how american schools work. I don't think i'm as old as Miley Cyrus and she's in middle school so I'm confused. (I still

Dear Diary. French teacher from hell.

FRENCH TEACHER FROM HELL I had the WORST DAY EVER! It was real lessons and after break i had french BUT ive never had to go to L block before and didnt know where it was the map is STUPID because it doesnt show you which way you're facing. So basically I spent all of break with 'A' queing for a cookie, i know what your thinking but this is a whole new world of cookie. They're melty and squashie and mmmmmm ( If anyone who went to my school read this they would know what I'm talking about. These were literally the best things in the world, so worth giving up your entire break for)  Sorry I was dreaming of cookies. So yeh i got to french literally one minute late because i couldn't find it and the teacher went MENTAL. I wasn't the latest though two girls came in after me and they actually had to sit next to me too because only the back row was left! I actually recognised them from reg, I think they both the gymnastics. They didn't seam to recogni